Closure Optional Ep. 71 – Chaos and Boredom (and Buddhism)
Ooooh this episode is all about how I (or, possibly, we) react to change, and how I’ve managed to get myself out of chaos through chanting nonsense in my bedroom. I ramble about how we mislead ourselves, how strong our minds are, and one way of possibly getting away from the suffering of our minds through a Buddhist idea called the Lotus Sutra.
- The Middle Way https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Way
- Eight Fold Path https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path
- Lotus Sutra https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Sutra
- Upaya – adjusting to the student – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upaya
- Slideshow Nammyohorengekyo – https://player.slideplayer.com/25/8069204/#
- Chant https://www.sgi.org/about-us/videos/chanting-nam-myoho-renge-kyo-a-pronunciation-guide.html
- Peace Preservation Law (Japan) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Preservation_Law#Public_Security_Preservation_Law_of_1925
Please subscribe to Closure Optional here: itunes, Stitcher, Android, Email, or wherever you like to hear your podcasts and help this thing grow. If you’re on an Android device, I’ve found that Podcast Addict works the best. Thank you for listening, as always.
This podcast is made possible by Burleigh Heads and Broadbeach Physiotherapy, Heart Start Fitness Muay Thai and YOU, the listener, at patreon.com/lorna bremner.
Closure optional Theme is created by Kurt Chatfield.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More